ETL Lead required in Islamabad, Pakistan
The candidate is expected to have broad knowledge of the Data Warehouse space and big data analytics with expert knowledge of Teradata, Teradata Aster, and Hadoop, and their application within specific industries. The Technical Lead articulates data warehouse architectures and provides technical knowledge in sales support activities. The Technical Lead is highly consultative and first seeks to understand the customer’s business, information, and application requirements. The Technical Lead will participate in the design and development of an architecture that will be aligned with the client’s business objectives based on the business, information, application, and system requirements. The Technical Lead will thoroughly understand the client’s information technology infrastructure and serves as the key link between business needs and technology enablers. The Technical Lead analyzes a customer’s business and technical requirements and takes the lead in translating those requirements and strategies into Teradata solutions and services. The Technical Lead incorporates third-party partner products, where appropriate, and designs for integration with the customer’s overall strategy and architecture. The Technical Lead has a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to the long term architecture and success of these accounts. The Solution Architect may be the Project Tech Lead on a project.
Keys Areas of Responsibility
- Participating in the development and execution of winning sales strategies.
- Understanding, documenting, and articulating the customers current data warehouse, data mart, and big data architecture. This includes a complete inventory of the customers data warehouses, data marts, and big data stores, as well as their respective business functions.
- Gathering and documenting client requirements and translating them into process and system architecture designs and ready to order configurations.
- Understand the client’s business goals, information needs, application requirements, IT plans, and architecture and articulate linkage to the proposed architecture and application designs.
- Design and manage winning POC applications based on customer requirements.
- Demonstrating and utilizing knowledge of business problems of customers in their industry.
- Identifying new application opportunities for Consulting Services engagements.
- Demonstrating the ability to relate business problems to the underlying data and the ability of technology to solve the business problems.
- Work with Teradata project managers to scope projects and develop statements of work, project plans, and risk analysis utilizing both Waterfall and Agile methodologies where appropriate.
- Provide technical thought leadership and actively participate in the application design, implementation, and roll-out efforts.
- Responsible for logically grouping development tasks into work packages and distributing them as appropriate to ETL development resources
- Responsible for leading the development of the ETL environment, processes, programs, and scripts to acquire data from source systems and apply the data to the tables in the Teradata
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems
- Data Warehouse design and development experience of at least 5- years
- Success at managing projects of appropriate scale ( resources).
- Excellent understanding of DW business and key processes
- Industry expertise – Telecom, Retail, Manufacturing, Financial etc. would be an advantage
Skills and Attributes:
- Broad technical expertise combined with business acumen.
- Strong business and/or technical analysis background.
- Technical knowledge and in depth experience with analytics, applications, enterprise architectures, solutions, and technologies.
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Proven capabilities in relational database and big data technology in the application development environment (Teradata, Teradata Aster, Hadoop, DB2, Oracle)
- Hands-on experience of EDW development especially in ETL area
- Profiling, validating, conditioning, transforming, and cleansing of data.
- Operational knowledge of third party ETL tools (Informatica, DataStage, Abinitio, ODI and/or others)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of “Logical Data Sources” and/or domain knowledge in industry-specific subject areas
- Client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills
- Strategic Planning and Thinking
Job : Services/Consulting
Schedule : Full-time
Primary Location : Europe, Middle East and Africa-Pakistan-Islamabad
Organization : EMEA Sales and Services
Job Location: Pakistan
Company Industry: Information Technology
Company Type: Unspecified
Job Role: Quality Control
Employment Type: Full Time
Employee Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Ref.: JB50253861
For more inquiries about Jobs and Scholarships send an email to Admin@apnijob.pk , call +92 332 5256620.